Statistics for the Behavioral and Social Sciences: A Brief Course, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Statistics for the Behavioral and Social Sciences offers a practical approach that demystifies statistics. The text will help you understand the fundamental concepts of statistics by emphasizing definitional formulas rather than rote memorization. Explaining everything in direct, simple language, authors Arthur Aron, Elliot Coups and Elaine Aron encourage you to work problems in a way that focuses on the underlying logic.
The 6th Edition offers simplified the exposition and updated content to foster interest and facilitate learning. Contemporary topics include effect size and power, the critical role of models, accumulation of results through meta-analysis, and new orientations arising from the central role of the computer in statistical analyses.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Research Methods & Statistics
Category: Statistics for the Behavioral and Social Sciences: A Brief Course
- Displaying the Order in a Group of Numbers Using Tables and Graphs
- The Mean, Variance, Standard Deviation, and Z Scores
- Correlation and Prediction
- Some Key Ingredients for Inferential Statistics: The Normal Curve, Sample versus Population, and Probability
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Hypothesis Tests with Means of Samples
- Making Sense of Statistical Significance: Effect Size and Statistical Power
- Introduction to the t Test: Single Sample and Dependent Means
- The t Test for Independent Means
- Introduction to the Analysis of Variance
- Chi-Square Tests and Strategies When Population Distributions Are Not Normal
- A Closer Look at Advanced Statistical Procedures in Research Articles
- Applying Statistical Methods in Your Own Research Project
- Answers to Set I Practice Problems
- Major Formulas
- Steps of Hypothesis Testing for Major Procedures
- A Closer Look at the Logic and Language of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.