Managerial Economics, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
For upper-level undergraduate and first-year MBA courses in managerial and applied economics.
This text will excite readers by providing a more linear progression, while proving the consistency and relevance of microeconomic theory.
The Seventh Edition welcomes a new co-author, Stephen Erfle of Dickinson College, who has contributed many revisions and improvements to the quantitative sections of the text, as well as provided a major addition: the use of Excel in the presentation of many of the numerical and graphical illustrations presented throughout the text.
To strengthen students' ability to use Excel—a critical skill in today's job market—new Excel Applications (Excel Apps) allow readers to turn the static figures and tables in the text into dynamic illustrations.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2014
Category: Managerial Economics
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The firm and Its Goals
- 3A. Supply and Demand
- Appendix 3. The Mathematics of Supply and Demand
- 4. Demand Elasticity
- Appendix 4. Applications of Supply and Demand
- 5. Demand Estimation and Forecasting
- 6. The Theory and Estimation of Production
- Appendix 6A. The Production of Services
- Appendix 6B. The Multiple-Input Case
- Appendix 6C. Expressing the Production Function with the Use of Calculus
- 7. The Theory and Estimation of Cost
- Appendix 7A. A Mathematical Restatement of the Short-Run Cost Function
- Appendix 7B. The Estimation of Cost
- 8. Pricing and Output Decisions: Perfect Competition and Monopoly
- Appendix 8A. The Use of Calculus in Pricing and Output Decisions
- Appendix 8B. Break-Even Analysis (Volume-Cost-Profit)
- 9. Pricing and Output Decision: Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
- 10. Special Pricing Practices
- 11. Game Theory and Asymmetric Information
- 12. Capital Budgeting and Risk
- Appendix 12A. The Value of A Corporation
- 13. The Multinational Corporation and Globalization
- 14. Government and Industry: Challenges and Opportunities for Today's Manager
- 15. Managerial Economics in Action
- Part 1. Beverage Industry Survey
- Part 2. The Business Planning Process
- Appendix 15A. Beverage Industry Executives
Appendix A. Statistical and Financial Tables
Review of mathematical concepts used in managerial economics
Calculations for the time value of money
Solutions to odd-numbered problems
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.