Theories of Personality: Understanding Persons, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Theories of Personality provides a fresh look into personality theory through clear explanations and the most current research. This overview of the major theories of personality, classic and current encourages you to think critically. Author Susan Cloninger shows how understanding other people can benefit us both academically and practically. Real-life examples illustrate the major concepts of personality theory.
The 7th Edition offers discussions of relevant topics such as bullying, epigenetics and more. The author digs deeper into various theorists' lives, covering the controversy over perceived racism in the theories of Cattell and Jung, and the abusive behavior of Maslow's mother. Discussions of contemporary thinking have been integrated into the coverage of theoretical concepts.
Published by Pearson (July 30th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Personality Psychology
1. Introduction to Personality Theory
2. Freud's Classical Psychoanalysis
3. Jung's Analytical Psychology
4. Adler's Individual Psychology
5. Erikson's Psychosocial Development
6. Horney, Relational Theory, and the Interpersonal Psychoanalytic Approach
7. Allport's Personological Trait Theory
8. Two Factor Analytic Trait Theories
9. Biological Theories
10. Behavioral Theories
11. Kelly's Personal Construct Theory
12. Mischel's Traits in Cognitive Social Learning Theory
13. Bandura's Theory on Performance in Cognitive Social Learning
14. Rogers's Person-Centered Theory
15. Maslow's Need Hierarchy Theory and Positive Psychology
16. Buddhist Psychology
17. Concluding Remarks
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.