Automotive Electrical and Engine Performance, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Automotive Electrical and Engine Performance provides the knowledge to succeed in the automotive industry, while preparing you for all the tasks covered on the A6 and A8 ASE certification exams. The text offers step-by-step photo sequences covering terminology, best practices, and on-the-job procedures.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Automotive Technology
Category: Automotive Electrical Systems (A6)
Table of contents
1. Service Information, Tools, and Safety
2. Environmental and Hazardous Materials
3. Electrical Fundamentals
4. Electrical Circuits and Ohm’s Law
5. Series, Parallel, and Series-Parallel Circuits
6. Circuit Testers and Digital Meters
7. Oscilloscopes and Graphing Multimeters
8. Automotive Wiring and Wire Repair
9. Wiring Schematics and Circuit Testing
10. Capacitance and Capacitors
11. Magnetism and Electromagnetism
12. Electronic Fundamentals
13. Computer Fundamentals
14. CAN and Network Communications
16. Battery Testing and Service
17. Cranking System
18. Cranking System Diagnosis and Service
19. Charging System
20. Charging System Diagnosis and Service
21. Lighting and Signaling Circuits
22. Driver Information and Navigation Systems
23. Safety, Comfort, and Convenience Accessories
24. Air Management System
25. Security and Immobilizer Systems
26. Airbag and Pretensioner Circuits
27. Audio System Operation and Diagnosis
28. Gasoline, Alternative Fuels, and Diesel Fuels
29. Ignition System Components and Operation
30. Ignition System Diagnosis and Service
31. Temperature Sensors
32. Throttle Position (TP) Sensors
33. MAP/BARO Sensors
34. Mass Air Flow Sensors
35. Oxygen Sensors
36. Fuel Pumps, Lines, and Filters
37. Fuel-Injection Components and Operation
38. Gasoline Direct-Injection Systems
39. Electronic Throttle Control System
40. Fuel-Injection System Diagnosis and Service
41. Vehicle Emission Standards and Testing
42. Emission Control Devices Operation and Diagnosis
43. On-Board Diagnosis
44. Scan Tools and Engine Performance Diagnosis
45. Hybrid Safety and Service Procedures
46. Fuel Cells and Advanced Technologies
1. Electrical/Electronic Systems (A6) Sample ASE Certification Test and Answers
2. Sample A8 ASE Certification-Type Test
3. 2017 A6 ASE Correlation Chart
4. 2017 A8 ASE Correlation Chart
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.