Connections: A World History, Volume 2, 4th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Connections is a clear, compelling rendering of world history that focuses on societal connections within and among diverse world cultures. Its engaging, readable narrative tells the story of the people and societies that preceded us and how they shaped the world.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2021
Table of contents
Era Three: Cross-Cultural Conflicts and Commercial Connections, 1000-1650
19. Global Exploration and Global Empires, 1400-1700
PART II. AN AGE OF GLOBAL CONNECTIONS, 1500-PRESENT
Era Four: The Shift from Regional to Global Connections, 1500-1800
20. The West in an Age of Religious Conflict and Global Expansion, 1500-1650
21. The Search for Stability in East Asia, 1300-1800
22. Southern Asia and the Global Shift in Wealth and Power, 1500-1800
23. Africa and the Atlantic Slave Trade, 1400-1800
24. Absolutism and Enlightenment in Europe, 1600-1789
25. Russia's Eurasian Empire: Convergence of East and West, 1300-1800
Era Five: Revolution, Industry, Ideology, and Empire, 1750-1914
26. The North Atlantic Revolutions, 1750-1830
27. Industry, Ideology, and Their Global Impact, 1700-1914
28. Nation Building in the Americas, 1789-1914
29. New Connections and Challenges in Eastern and Southern Asia, 1800-1912
30. New Connections and Challenges in West Asia and Africa, 1800-1914
Era Six: Global Upheavals and Global Integration, 1900-Present
31. The Great War and the Russian Revolutions, 1890-1918
32. Anxieties and Ideologies of the Interwar Years, 1918-1939
33. World War II and the Holocaust, 1933-1945
34. East Versus West: The Cold War and Its Aftermath, 1945-Present
35. The Upheavals of Asia, 1945-Present
36. Reform and Revolution in Latin America, 1914-Present
37. Africa Since 1919
38. The Middle East Since 1919
Epilogue: Connections in a Globalizing Age
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.