Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Early Childhood Development celebrates the rich diversity of development among children in all neighborhoods in the United States and around the globe. It examines the physical, social, emotional, linguistic and intellectual characteristics of children from birth through age 8. Within each development domain, it considers the typical and atypical development of children of diverse cultures, abilities, socioeconomic backgrounds and gender identities. Hands-on applications, real-world stories and professional practice strategies bring the material to life.
The 8th Edition includes new research and trauma topics in every chapter. New sections explore the impact of COVID-19, Black Lives Matter and other current events.
Published by Pearson (September 6th 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Educational Psychology
Category: Child Development in Education
- Studying Early Childhood Development in a Diverse World
- Research and Assessment in Early Childhood Development
- Theories of Child Development
- Genetics, Prenatal Development, and Birth
- The Newborn
- Physical Growth of Infants and Toddlers
- Cognitive Development of Infants and Toddlers
- Infant and Toddler Language and Literacy
- Infant and Toddler Social and Emotional Development
- Preschool Physical and Motor Development
- Cognitive Development in the Preschool Years
- Language, Literacy, and Pretend Play in the Preschool Years
- Social and Emotional Development of Preschoolers
- Physical Growth and Motor Development in the Primary Years
- Cognitive Development in the Primary Years
- Language and Literacy in the Primary Years
- Social and Emotional Development in the Primary Years
- Parents, Families, and Children: A Multicultural Perspective
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.