Sociology: A Down to Earth Approach, 15th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- Through the Author’s Lens photo essays shot by Jim Henslin in India, Colombia and other locations open students’ minds to diverse social life and stimulate discussion.
- Down-to-Earth Sociology boxes explore sociological processes that underlie everyday life.
- Cultural Diversity around the World boxes reveal how differently life is lived in other nations. Cultural Diversity in the United States boxes examine the wide array of people in the US.
- Thinking Critically about Social Life boxes explore issues that affect students’ lives.
- Sociology and Technology boxes explore how technology affects our lives as it changes society.
- Applying Sociology to Your Life boxes help students connect with stories on a personal level and view people with greater empathy.
Published by Pearson (February 26th 2024) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Introduction to Sociology
Table of contents
- The Sociological Perspective
- Social Structure and Social Interaction
- How Sociologists Do Research
- Societies to Social Networks
- Bureaucracy and Formal Organizations
- Deviance and Social Control
- Global Stratification
- Social Class in the United States
- Sex and Gender
- Race and Ethnicity
- Aging and the Elderly
- The Economy
- Marriage and Family
- Medicine and Health
- Population and Urbanization
- Collective Behavior and Social Movements
- Social Change and the Environment
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.