Public Speaking: An Audience-Centered Approach, 12th edition
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
- The authors' polished prose, concise style and lively voice engage readers.
- Powerful and interesting examples, both classic and contemporary and drawn from both student speakers and famous orators, resonate with student speakers.
- Coverage of ethical and diverse speaking is integrated throughout the text to stress that these issues are an essential part of being an audience-centered speaker.
- Developing Your Speech Step by Step boxes provide students with extended examples of how to implement audience-centered speechmaking concepts.
- Integrated pedagogical features guide students as they learn. These include learning objectives, recap boxes and chapter-ending study guides.
Published by Pearson (October 2nd 2023) - Copyright © 2024
Category: Public Speaking
Table of contents
- Speaking with Confidence
- Presenting Your First Speech
- Speaking Freely and Ethically
- Listening to Speeches
- Analyzing Your Audience
- Developing Your Speech
- Gathering and Using Supporting Material
- Organizing and Outlining Your Speech
- Introducing and Concluding Your Speech
- Using Words Well: Speaker Language and Style
- Delivering Your Speech
- Using Presentation Aids
- Speaking to Inform
- Understanding Principles of Persuasive Speaking
- Using Persuasive Strategies
- Speaking for Special Occasions and Purposes
- Speaking in Small Groups
- Mediated Public Speaking
- Speeches for Analysis and Discussion
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.