Online Teaching Tips
English Firsthand is the best-selling oral communication series that has been supporting ELT teachers and students for more than 25 years. It helps students build success and confidence through hands-on active learning. The series was designed to help students learn English by using English. It provides (1) realistic language models (2) personalized and motivating tasks (3) sufficient language support (vocabulary, grammar, and functional phrases) and (4) opportunities to communicate personal information, opinion and ideas.
For a list of 15 things that English Firsthand 5th edition has that most other books don’t click here!
Please note: ActiveTeach, ActiveBook and ExamView are compatible with Windows and up to and including Mac OS 10.14.
- Learning Acceleration Videos include a Conversation Model plus English in Action (a story that reinforces language functions and target expressions) and Presentation Model (short videos with a presentation on the topic and tips for student presentations)
- MyMobileWorld is a Moodle-based online component, its LMS allows teachers to easily monitor learner participation and progress, and conduct flipped classrooms
- The Red Ball Curriculum differentiates essential, core activities from additional ones with numbers in red on each page
- Real Stories has evolved and now the last page of each unit has activities that provide interactive practice of the four skills as well as critical thinking and presentation activities
- Assessment for Learning is a practice test and self-check on every two units
- A Wealth of Free Resources is available on the companion website and the teacher resource website
Saves time • Allows easy grading • Tracks student progress
MyMobileWorld is a new, Moodle-based online component designed by teachers for teachers. Mobile-optimized MyMobileWorld includes an LMS. To make use of MyMobileWorld, please use the "Student Book with MyMobileWorld".
Click here for information on how to use MyMobileWorld
Flashcards and quizzes to review vocabulary from the Student Book’s core lessons and to extend learning to other words and phrases thematically tied to the unit.
2. Listening: Great for Flipped Classrooms
Listening extracts, video, dictation and gap-fill activities from the core Student Book lessons enable flipped classrooms.
3. Language Check: Huge Number of Extra Activities
Grammar and Vocabulary Check activities from the core Student Book lessons enable flipped classrooms.
4. Skills Practice
Integrated skills practice with reading, writing, critical thinking and presentation tips from the Student Book’s core lessons. Specially designed to enable flipped classrooms. Also includes reading activities from the Workbook and additional Q&A and dialog practice with videos from the Student Book.
Valid for 24 months