Speakout 3rd Edition is the new edition of Pearson’s best-selling, eight-level general English course for adults. Developed in partnership with BBC Studios, Speakout 3rd Edition is the go-to course for teachers looking for comprehensive four-skills coverage, with a particular emphasis on developing learners’ confidence in speaking.
Speakout 3rd Edition is the result of extensive research with users of Speakout 2nd Edition from around the world. It builds on the tried-and-tested methodology of the series but has been brought up to date with 100% new content, a revised syllabus based on the Global Scale of English and a fresh new look and feel. The enhanced digital environment offers even more flexibility for online and hybrid use, with all activities from the eBook and the Online Practice reporting to the gradebook. Learners can also benefit from innovative speech recognition technology for out-of-class speaking practice and feedback. A1 contains separate Sounds and Spelling lessons to help learners with sound recognition, pronunciation and writing, and from A2 there are integrated skills for employability including mediation lessons and future skills training to help learners prepare for the changing world of work.
Speakout 3rd Edition is fully accessible on your computer, tablet and mobile phone so that you can enjoy the full functionality of the course wherever you are.
Speakout 3rd Edition oﬀers 100% new content, all-new video, and a fresh new look and feel, all underpinned by ﬂexible components for in-class, online and hybrid use.
- Built on the Global Scale of English, providing clear objectives for every stage of a lesson
- All-new BBC video, including clips from popular TV programmes, street interviews, and vlogs for maximum exposure to authentic English as it is spoken around the world
- Innovative speech recognition for out-of-class speaking practice
- Enhanced pronunciation strand with recording feature
- Integrated skills for employability, including mediation lessons and ‘future skills’ training to help learners prepare for the changing world of work
- Mapped to external exams, including the Benchmark Test