These engaging “believe-it-or-not" real-life, human-interest stories build students' reading, writing, and speaking skills.
Through humor, poignancy, or astonishment, students are guided through a carefully paced, step-by-step process to help them become fluent readers.
- Illustrations and photos introduce the units visually to ease students into the readings.
- Vocabulary, comprehension, discussion, and writing exercises personalize the themes of the stories and encourage students to share their own experiences.
- Carefully controlled vocabulary and structures at each level.
- A variety of essential reading skills builds fluency.
- Activities for pair or small-group work.