University Success at a glance
This three-strand course – Reading, Writing, Oral Communication – includes five distinct content areas: Sociology, Economics, Biology, Humanities, and Environmental Engineering, all popular fields of study among English learners. The course carefully scaffolds skills development to help students work with challenging content in their academic fields.
The program features the following:
- Rigorous academic preparation.
- Systematic skills development.
- A fluency driven approach.
- Extensive work with authentic texts.
- Flexible format.
- Strategies for academic studies.
- Continuous assessment.
- Online, interactive MyEnglishLab for extra practice.
The tree strands - Oral Communication, Reading and Writing - are fully aligned across content areas and skills, allowing teachers to utilize material from different strands to support learning.