A new communicative course for adults and young adults that takes students from true beginner to advanced competency in six levels.
Connectivity is written by Joan Saslow and Allen Ascher, the award-winning authors of Top Notch and Summit. It has a strong focus on communication skills and is centered on goal and achievement-driven lessons.
Connectivity features a rigorous speaking pedagogy that activates new language and integrates it with intensive four-skills practice and the soft skills needed for employability. A unique cultural ﬂuency syllabus prepares students to use English for work, travel, studies, and life—no matter where they are in the world.
To meet the needs of the modern student, this blended course offers Online Practice, Student’s Interactive eBooks, and the Pearson Practice English App.
Student's Book & Interactive Student's eBook with Online Practice, Digital Resources and App
It comes with an access code for all digital student materials, so that students can learn English at anytime, anywhere.
- Online Practice (MyEnglishLab): Lots of online practice of grammar, pronunciation, and all 4 skills that scores report to a gradebook automatically. Includes the pronunciation and grammar coach videos.
- Pearson Practice English app: The mobile app is integrated into the course with vocabulary, grammar, listening, and conversation activities, accessible to the course audio and videos. The app provides immediate feedback, letting students monitor their own progress. Content on the app can be downloadable.
Teacher’s Book and Lesson Planner
It provides ideas for extension activities, differentiated instruction, teaching tips, culture notes, and notes on how to remediate and motivate students. An access code enclosed enables teachers to access vast digital resources available on Pearson Online Portal, such as;
- Presentation Tool: a digital version of the Student’s Book with audio and video, the Workbook and Teacher’s note
- Teacher Resources including
- How to videos and user guides
- Access to Online Practice
- a multitude of PDF worksheets and other downloadable resources (scripts, answer keys, worksheets etc.)
- PDFs of the Teacher’s Book notes
The 4-color Workbook follows the structure of the unit, providing practice for vocabulary, grammar, reading, and writing. Roughly half the content is recycled or adapted from the Online Practice exercises with cosmetic changes.