Click here to read the full case study or continue reading to learn more.
Why did Professor Catherine Cuckovich adopt MyLab Marketing?
Cuckovich had used a MyLab program previously at another school and found that it offered an appealing framework for structuring a course. In addition, MyLab Marketing offered her a way of getting her course up and running quickly.
How was MyLab Marketing implemented?
Principles of Marketing is a four-credit, entry-level course. MyLab Marketing is required. Students use MyLab for understanding content, homework assignments, writing and critical analysis assignments, and assessments.
Following a Pearson best practice, Cuckovich assigns Chapter 0: Getting Started with MyLab the first week of class. The following are other implemented MyLab components:
- Video case studies: Students complete ten video case studies and they are followed by five multiple-choice questions.
- Writing spaces assignments: Students complete four Writing Space assignments.
- Study Plan: Cuckovich encourages students to use the optional MyLab Study Plan to prepare for exams.
- Exams: Students complete two exams in MyLab, consisting of 50 multiple-choice and true-false questions that are pulled from the MyLab end-of-chapter quizzes.
Were students successful in the course?
Students were divided into two groups based on their average MyLab video case study score. Data shows the following:
- Students who earned above average MyLab scores had average MyLab Writing Space scores 21 percentage points higher than students who scored below average.
- 96% of students scoring above average on MyLab video case studies earned an A/B/C as the final course grade.
Did students like using MyLab Marketing?
Responses from the Fall 2017 end-of-semester survey of Cuckovich’s students indicate that the majority of responding students recognize the value of MyLab Marketing.
- 88%of respondents strongly agreed or agreed that their understanding of the course material increased as a result of using MyLab.
- 88% of respondents strongly agreed or agreed that MyLab homework assignments positively impacted their test scores.
One student said:
“If you missed class for any reason, [MyLab] made it easier to go through and learn the chapter material.”
Read the full findings here
Learn more about how MyLab Marketing could benefit your course