Mental Health Resources for College and University Students
In light of World Mental Health Day, we compiled some of our most-read blog articles on mental health, wellness, and dealing with stress and anxiety as a student. These are all written by students who have and are going through similar situations as you.
If you are in immediate danger, please go to your local emergency department, or call Crisis Services Canada at 1-833-456-4566 anytime or text 45645 from 4pm to midnight.
Looking for motivation?
- Achieving your college degree: How to conquer your elephant 101
- What are about the hard times? Persevering through our struggles
- The change-up: How to get out of a slump
- Facing personal setbacks in college: Everything works out in the end
Searching for inspirational stories?
- Published at age 19, Hailey Rodgers advocates for mental health and authentic living through storytelling
- Engineering student’s first-year project is lending a hand
- How I found the benefits of a balanced life
- How being uncomfortable helped this Western University student get into Harvard
- 21-year-old SFU student’s spark for empowering youth
- One Ryerson student’s quest to find identity in community
Want some advice?
- Let’s talk mental health
- How I learned to say no: A lesson in putting yourself first
- Take a ‘time out’ when learning something new
- Overachievers unite: How to maintain a healthy balance as an overachiever
- The value of resiliency
Looking for campus resources and support?
- Let’s Talk About It: Find mental health support through campus resources
- Recovery on campus: Finding support through peers
Want ideas for self-care activities?
- Ease your mind at the semester’s end
- College students: 3 great ways to take time for yourself
- How to de-stress without screens
We hope these articles help you find motivation, inspiration, and solace in knowing that you are not alone in your battles. Take care of yourselves and prioritize your mental health.