Scope of Policy
The scope of this policy is global and covers all Pearson geographies, business units and functions where we have financial and operational control. The policy covers all products, services and materials used by our business.
Ethics, respect for the environment and human rights are all important principles for Pearson.
The Pearson Sustainable Development Goals most closely aligned with the issues we have identified as material for our products and services are:
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning.
- Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.
- Reduce inequality within and among countries.
We also believe our responsible procurement and supply chain practices can support the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably managed forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
This policy sets out how Pearson implements these principles in the context of how we purchase products, services and materials.
Responsible Procurement Policy