Pearson envisions a world of opportunity, where every person on the planet has access to quality education and lifelong learning which empowers them to improve their own lives, their communities and the planet.
Pearson works exclusively with a diverse range of suppliers who share and enhance these values. Our Socially Responsible Procurement framework has an outcome-oriented focus on exceeding minimum standards in the Responsible Procurement Policy, developing measurable goals in support of our Sustainable Business Plan 2030.
- People Businesses take action against racism and discrimination to guarantee inclusion of people with diverse characteristics and creation of equitable access to opportunity; and Modern Slavery and all forms of coerced labour are eliminated
- Planet Carbon is reduced to a level which no longer contributes to climate change
- Product All goods and services are produced by workers who are safe and receive a living wage, using environmentally sustainable materials and practices
- Beyond Policy Agree progressive targets to underpin our commercial relationships
- Learning Foster a culture of awareness and shared learning to elevate standards across industries
- Assessment & Accountability Support our commitments with assessment and targeted actions
Pledge to joint action
To ensure that the goods and services we source are aligned with our sustainability principles, we ask our suppliers for their commitment to progressive goals and participation in a maturity assessment. With a spirit of transparency and mutual support, we offer targeted learning and remediation to raise standards and best practices for our business partners and ourselves.