Assessing Learners with Special Needs: An Applied Approach Plus Pearson eText 2.0 -- Access Card Package, 8th edition
Published by Pearson (March 18th 2015) - Copyright © 2016
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
Assessing Learners with Special Needs: An Applied Approach, 8/e provides readers with a practical, step-by-step approach to learning about the complex procedures of the assessment process. This new edition provides a new presentation format and a new format for assessing student mastery of material through interactive learning activities. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, assessments, and exercises.
Invigorate learning with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with the following multimedia features:
- Embedded videos. These point-of-use videos illustrate various assessment techniques and strategies in context.
- Check Your Understanding of chapter content. Exercises matched to chapter learning outcomes help readers apply the concepts and ensure that they master the learning outcomes. Exercises and suggested feedback are provided in the Pearson eText.
- Chapter Quizzes. At the end of each chapter, a pop-up multiple-choice quiz assesses students’ understanding of chapter content.
- Course Progress Monitoring Activities. At the end of each section, a pop-up assessment allows students to monitor their progress as they master the material presented.
- Pre-test. A pre-test in Chapter 1, which includes feedback, helps assess understanding of course material at the outset.
Table of contents
Part I: Introduction to Assessment 1
1 Introduction 2
2 Laws, Ethics, and Issues 28
Part II: Technical Prerequisites of Understanding Assessment 57
3 Descriptive Statistics 58
4 Reliability and Validity 74
5 An Introduction to Norm-Referenced Assessment 94
Part III: Assessing Students 113
6 Curriculum-Based Assessment and Other Informal Measures 114
7 Response to Intervention and Progress Monitoring 140
8 Academic Assessment 154
9 Assessment of Behavior 188
10 Measures of Intelligence and Adaptive Behavior 212
11 Special Considerations of Assessment in Early Childhood 242
12 Special Considerations of Transition 268
Part IV: Interpretation of Assessment Results 289
13 Interpreting Assessment for Educational Intervention 290
Name Index 330
Subject Index 333
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material