Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections, 2nd edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections (Subscription)
Mastering2 from $74.99
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
Modified Mastering Chemistry without Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections
- Instant Access
Modified Mastering Chemistry with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections
- Instant Access
2 from $106.66
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$133.32 Now$106.66
Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections, Books a la Carte Edition
Free deliveryWas$206.65 Now$165.32
Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in biochemistry.
This package includes Mastering Chemistry.
Engage students in biochemistry visually and through real-world applications
Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections engages students with a unique approach to visualization, synthesis of complex topics, and connections to the real world. The author team builds quantitative reasoning skills and provides students with a rich, chemical perspective on biological processes. The text emphasizes fundamental concepts and connections, showing how biochemistry relates to practical applications in medicine, agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, and forensics.
The newly revised 2nd Edition integrates even more robust biochemistry-specific content in Mastering™ Chemistry, creating an interactive experience for today’s students. New Threshold Concept Tutorials help students master the most challenging and critical ideas in biochemistry, while Interactive Case Studies connect course material to the real world by having students explore actual scientific data from primary literature. The 2nd Edition provides a seamlessly integrated learning experience via text, Mastering Chemistry, and an interactive Pearson eText.
Personalize learning with Mastering Chemistry
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and often improves results for each student. Students can further master concepts after class through traditional and adaptive homework assignments that provide hints and answer-specific feedback. The Mastering gradebook records scores for all automatically graded assignments in one place, while diagnostic tools give instructors access to rich data to assess student understanding and misconceptions.
013480466X / 9780134804668 Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections Plus Mastering Chemistry with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134641620 / 9780134641621 Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections
- 013474716X / 9780134747163 Mastering Chemistry with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections
Table of contents
- Biochemistry and the Language of Chemistry
- The Chemical Foundation of Life: Weak Interactions in an Aqueous Environment
- The Energetics of Life
- Nucleic Acids
- Introduction to Proteins: The Primary Level of Protein Structure
- The Three-Dimensional Structure of Proteins
- Protein Function and Evolution
- Enzymes: Biological Catalysts
- Carbohydrates: Sugars, Saccharides, Glycans
- Lipids, Membranes, and Cellular Transport
- Chemical Logic of Metabolism
- Carbohydrate Metabolism: Glycolysis, Gluconeogenesis, Glycogen Metabolism, and the Pentose Phosphate Pathway
- The Citric Acid Cycle
- Electron Transport, Oxidative Phosphorylation, and Oxygen Metabolism
- Lipid Metabolism
- Interorgan and Intracellular Coordination of Energy Metabolism in Vertebrates
- Amino Acid and Nitrogen Metabolism
- Nucleotide Metabolism
- Mechanisms of Signal Transduction
- Genes, Genomes, and Chromosomes
- DNA Replication
- DNA Repair, Recombination, and Rearrangement
- Transcription and Post-transcriptional Processing
- Information Decoding: Translation and Post-translational Protein Processing
- Regulation of Gene Expression
APPENDIX I: Answers to Selected Problems
APPENDIX ii: References
Published by Pearson (January 3rd 2018) - Copyright © 2019