Elements of the Nature and Properties of Soils, 4th edition
Published by Pearson (October 11th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Elements of the Nature and Properties of Soils (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780133254600Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Elements of the Nature and Properties of Soils
ISBN-13: 9780133254594Includes: Hardcover
You'll get a bound printed text.
For introductory courses in soils.
An accessible introduction to soil science fundamentals
At the forefront of soil science for over a century, Elements of the Nature and Properties of Soils considers the role of soils as both a natural resource and an ecosystem, while highlighting interactions between soils and other components of natural and constructed ecosystems. With practical value for meeting today’s environmental challenges, the text asserts that balancing economic growth with sustainable economies requires a deep understanding of soils. The 4th edition has been abridged to focus on fundamentals, while providing new or updated discussions on topics such as soils and human health, organic farming, and soil food-web ecology.
Table of contents
1. The Soils Around Us
2. Formation of Soils from Parent Materials
3. Soil Classification
4. Soil Architecture and Physical Properties
5. Soil Water: Characteristics and Behavior
6. Soil and the Hydrologic Cycle
7. Soil Aeration and Temperature
8. The Colloidal Fraction: Seat of Soil Chemical and Physical Activity
9. Soil Acidity, Alkalinity, Salinity, and Sodicity
10. Organisms and Ecology of the Soil
11. Soil Organic Matter
12. Nutrient Cycles and Soil Fertility
13. Practical Nutrient Management
14. Soil Erosion and Its Control
15. Soils and Chemical Pollution
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material