Laboratory Manual for General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, 1st edition
Published by Pearson (January 13th 2013) - Copyright © 2014
Laboratory Manual for General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780321918307Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Laboratory Manual for General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
ISBN-13: 9780321819253Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Laboratory Manual for General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry can accompany the lab portion of any one-semester GOB chemistry course. Most experiments include a link to the health sciences, such as nursing and nutrition, while concepts are framed in real-world questions and are broadly applicable. Many of the experiments illustrate concepts from more than one chapter of the text and often utilize basics from the areas of general, organic, or biological chemistry to develop concepts in one or more of the other areas. This integrated strategy helps students to understand that chemistry is not a disparate set of unrelated concepts. Using this integrated approach, students develop the skills to help them understand chemistry and to see its applications in their everyday lives.
Table of contents
1. Why Is Safety So Important in Chemistry Lab?
2. How Will I Use Math and Measurement in My Career?
3. Why Is Measurement Important in Chemistry?
4. How Much Fat Is in Your Milk?
5. Molecular Models, Isomerism, and the Shape of Molecules
6. How Many Calories Are in Different Types of Nuts?
7. How Are Condensation Reactions Used Beneficially?
8 a. What Happens to Bananas as They Ripen?
8 b. Can We Control the Ripening of Bananas?
9. What Are the Best Stain Removers?
10. Which Triglycerides Make the Best Soap?
11. What Is the Difference Between Osmosis and Dialysis?
12. Which Antacid Is Most Effective at Relieving Heartburn?
13. Where Is Lactose Digested?
14. How Big Is a DNA Molecule?
15. How Is Food Broken Down During Digestion?
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material