Rockin' In Time, Books a la Carte Edition, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (June 27th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Rockin In Time (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134792828Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Rockin' In Time, Books a la Carte Edition
ISBN-13: 9780134791357Includes: Loose-Leaf
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value; this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN.
For courses in music and the sociology of music.
Understand the social and historical significance of rockͭand-roll
Brief, authoritative, and up-to-date, David Szatmary's Rockin' in Time: A Social History of Rock-͡nd-͒oll, 9th Edition, weaves the major icons of rock-͡nd-Ͳoll into a larger sociohistorical fabric. Placing rock-and-roll in the context of the social issues that surrounded and shaped it, this book explores topics like the influence of rock music on the Civil Rights Movement, demographic change and the baby boom, the development of the music business, and technological advances. The 9th Edition contains new photos and images, as well as new material on Delta blues, fusion jazz, and electronic dance music.
*Music for your course is available through Spotify.
Table of contents
1. The Birth of the Blues
2. The Advent of Rock-and-Roll
3. Elvis and Rockabilly
4. The Teen Market: From Bandstand to Girl Groups
5. Surfboards and Hot Rods: California, Here We Come
6. The New Frontier of Folk
7. The British Invasion of America: The Beatles
8. The British Blues Invasion and Garage Rock
9. Motown: The Sound of Integration
10. Acid Rock
11. Soul Music: Fire from the Streets
12. Guitar Heroes and Heavy Metal
13. The Soft Sounds: Country Rock, the Singers-Songwriters, and Sweet Soul
14. Rock Turns Serious: Jazz Rock and Progressive Music
15. The Era of Excess
16. Punk Rock
17. American Hardcore
18. I Want My MTV
19. The Promise of Rock-and-Roll
20. Country Boomers
21. The Generation X Blues"
22. Post-Grunge Party"
23.The Hip-Hop Nation"
24. Metal Gumbo: From Rap-Rock to Nu-Metal
25.The Age of the Internet"
26.Life in Wartime"
28. The Rave Revolution and Electronic Dance Music
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material