The Practice of English Language Teaching is the essential guide for teachers of English.
It explains current pedagogy to teachers who want to access the more relevant ELT practices and incorporate them into their lessons. The fifth edition has been revised to reflect the latest development in language teaching.
The Practice of English Language Teaching includes:
- English as a world language
- theories of language and language learning
- learner characteristics which influence teacher decisions
- guidance on managing learning
- teaching language systems (grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation)
- teaching language skills (speaking, writing, listening and reading)
- practical teaching ideas
- the role of technology (old and new) in the classroom
- assessment for language learning in the digital age