Focus Second Edition is an even richer version of the best-selling English language learning series for upper secondary students. The new course retains the best of the first edition – a unique vocabulary building program and the 3Ms methodology. It enhances this with BBC video content and more thorough Use of English preparation, to offer everything teachers and students need to achieve success, in and out of the classroom.
With Focus Second Edition students will be motivated and engaged by the authentic content; they will be strong in all language and life skills, and prepared well for achieving great exam results.
Responding to students’ and teachers’ needs
Focus Second Edition retains what students and teachers highly valued in the first edition, and enhances it with authentic video content, including BBC videos and Focus vlogs.
This valuable, up-to-date content, along with plenty of new ideas and improvements, make the new edition a perfect fit for today’s teenagers and their busy teachers.
Thanks to feedback received from Focus users worldwide the course now offers everything teachers asked for, and that today’s students need to achieve true success, whether in their exams, or in their future academic, professional and social lives.
- New authentic BBC videos: 41 new, natural-language videos accompanied by video worksheets
- New Focus Grammar Vlog videos: 32 new grammar vlogs with corresponding worksheets
- New vocabulary and reading lessons: up-to-date content with themes and topics students will be interested in
- More Use of English: extended opportunities for Use of English practice across all components
- More writing practice: extended writing section for more contextualized and thorough practice
- More speaking and personalization activities: clearly signposted personalized speaking activities for more targeted practice
- More listening practice: more audio recordings provide increased opportunities to practice listening comprehension and receptive skills