NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab or Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Counseling.
An authoritative exploration of the most difficult ethical, legal, and professional challenges in counseling, presented in an easy-to-understand manner
Written by two counseling professors — one an attorney and the other an expert in ethics — Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling walks readers through professional challenges they will encounter in their counseling careers from both an ethical perspective and a legal standpoint. It includes numerous case studies to highlight difficult ethical and legal situations faced by counselors, as well as the authors’ expertise and practical advice on how to resolve these dilemmas.
The 6th Edition features new case studies with discussion and integrated discussion of multiculturalism, values, social justice, and advocacy. It also includes updated and new coverage of current topics such as the issues surrounding values-based referrals (Ch. 7); the types of lawsuits and licensure board complaints brought against counselors and guidelines for avoiding these actions (Ch. 8); current literature on client self-injury and corresponding treatment suggestions (Ch. 8); and information that addresses new developments in technology that affect the practice of counseling (Ch. 10).
Personalize learning with MyLab Counseling
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Counseling organizes all assignments around essential learning outcomes and the CACREP standards — enabling easy course alignment and reporting.
0135183154 / 9780135183151 Ethical, Legal, and Professional Counseling Plus MyLab Counseling -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0135183812 / 9780135183816 Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling
- 013518696X / 9780135186961 MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Ethical, Legal, and Professional Counseling
Table of contents
Section 1: Foundations1. Introduction
2. Professional Identity of Counselors
3. Multiculturalism, Values, Social Justice, and Advocacy
Section 2: Issues
4. Client Rights and Counselor Responsibilities
5. Confidentiality and Privileged Communication
6. Records and Subpoenas
7. Competence, Assessment, and Diagnosis
8. Malpractice and Resolving Legal and Ethical Challenges
9. Boundary Issues
10. Technology in Counseling
11. Counseling Children and Vulnerable Adults
12. Counseling Families and Groups
13. Professional Relationships, Private Practice, and Health Care Plans
14. Issues in Counselor Education
15. Supervision and Consultation
16. Professional Writing, Conducting Research, and Publishing
Appendix A: ACA Code of Ethics
Appendix B: Counseling Disclosure and Agreement Forms
Appendix C: Client Request Form to Transfer Records
Appendix D: Client Permission Form to Record Counseling Session for Supervision Purposes
Appendix E: Guidelines for Counseling Case Notes
Appendix F: Clinical Supervision Model Agreement
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material