Pearson's expert author team are getting ready to build upon the award-winning series for the new Stage 6 Geography syllabus. Stay tuned!
Year Levels 11–12
Resource Formats Print, Digital
Learning Focus Geography
What it is
This edition of the award-winning Global Interactions Year 11 and Year 12 series delivers content, statistics, and case studies to cover all aspects of the NSW Stage 6 Geography Syllabus. It includes:
- an engaging student book designed to help learners succeed
- an accompanying eBook that can be used both online and offline
- teacher resources that streamline lesson planning and exam preparation.
What it includes
Discover how Global Interactions improves teaching outcomes.
Developed specifically for the NSW Stage 6 Geography Syllabus, the Global Interactions Student Book offers:
- a fresh layout with updated case studies and statistics
- dynamic and relevant images
- textual examples
- engaging graphs and maps
- sample responses and worked examples for exam preparation.
This electronic version of the Global Interactions Student Book helps students access:
- coursework on any device, online or offline
- tasks to support preparation for upcoming exams.
Global Interactions provides educators with access to support materials to enrich the content and save time,including:
- teaching programs
- skills and concepts
- sample responses with differentiated and constructed answers to help students develop the skills required for exam preparation.
Table of contents
Section 1: Biophysical interactions
- Chapter 1: Biophysical interactions: an introduction
- Chapter 2: The atmosphere
- Chapter 3: The hydrosphere
- Chapter 4: The lithosphere
- Chapter 5: The biosphere
- Chapter 6: Coastal environments and management
- Chapter 7: Catchments and river regulation
Section 2: Global challenges
- Chapter 8: Population geography
- Chapter 9: Natural resource use
- Chapter 10: Cultural integration
- Chapter 11: Political geography
- Chapter 12: Geographies of development
- Chapter 13: Geoskills
Table of contents
Section 1: Ecosystems
- Chapter 1: Ecosystems at risk
- Chapter 2: Coastal dunes
- Chapter 3: The Great Barrier Reef
Section 2: Urban places
- Chapter 4: World cities
- Chapter 5: Megacities of the developing world
- Chapter 6: Urban dynamics
- Chapter 7: Sydney: a global city
Section 3: People and economic activity
- Chapter 8: Global tourism
- Chapter 9: Local tourism: Perisher Ski Resort
- Chapter 10: The global viticulture and winemaking industry: First Creek Wines
Meet the authors
Global Interactions is brought to you by experienced educators who know New South Wales schools and have all contributed to several geography texts including the Pearson Geography NSW series.
Grant Kleeman is an experienced educator, author, curriculum consultant and examiner. Grant has been closely involved in the development of the geography curriculum at the state and national level. He is the coordinating author of several texts, including the Pearson Geography NSW series.
David Hamper is an experienced geography educator and is currently Deputy Principal at International Grammar School, Sydney. David has also contributed to several geography texts including the Pearson Geography NSW series.
Helen Rhodes is an experienced geography educator and is currently a Master Assisting in Geography at Shore, North Sydney. Helen has also contributed to several geography texts including the Pearson Geography NSW series.
Samples & downloads
- Global Interactions Sample pages Year 11 Table Of Contents Download PDF (709KB)
- Global Interactions Sample pages Year 11 Download PDF (2.4MB)
- Global Interactions Sample pages Year 12 Table Of Contents Download PDF (866KB)
- Global Interactions Sample pages Year 12 Download PDF (8.3MB)