Maximize Your Reading Workbooks feature useful strategies and abundant practice, helping students become confident and successful readers.
This flexible four-level workbook series can be used with any other reading texts or integrated skills courses.
- Reading Comprehension section offers extensive reading and critical thinking skill development and includes skimming, scanning, previewing, predicting, making inferences, and recognizing patterns
- Vocabulary Building section helps students develop the essential vocabulary-building strategies and includes practice in dictionary work, recognizing word parts and collocations, and guessing meaning from context
- Reading Faster section includes longer readings and allows students to apply reading skills and strategies and build their fluency and flexibility in reading longer texts - timed and untimed reading options help students develop the fluency skills needed to read and understand texts quickly
- Pre- and post-tests provide formative assessment at the beginning of the course and summative assessment at the end. End-of-section tests allow student to check how well they understood the content of each section.
- Clear skill presentations provide explanations and give students extra reinforcement.