Focus on IELTS new edition keeps its popular topic-based approach, plus new material aimed at helping students succeed in their future studies.
The new edition includes:
- 50% more language and vocabulary input
- 2 completely new units
- new texts and lead in activities
- exam tips
- 4 new academic strands (10 Academic Style Sections, 10 Academic Vocabulary Sections, 5 Reflective Learning Sections, 5 Critical Thinking Sections)
Focus on IELTS was developed by the author in the classroom and includes key features (including Error Hit Lists and Practice banks) from real students’ needs in real classroom situations.
- Critical Thinking and Reflective Learning training helps students become more analytical as learners.
- Academic Vocabulary sections systematically build up knowledge of the Academic Word List.
- Academic Style sections focus on key aspects of academic English, and develop students’ ability to achieve the appropriate formal style.