These courses align with the themes in Future 2nd Edition and can be used alongside your lessons.
True Stories is a beloved reading series that has provide entertaining stories and effective reading-skill instruction for twenty-five years. The new Silver Edition continues to provide stories whose universal appeal ensures a pleasurable reading experience and motivates students toward reading fluency.
True Stories is a perfect partner to Future as many themes in the Future series align with the themes in True Stories. You can use the lessons in True Stories for extra reading practice or to add interest and expand on the topic of the unit.
Use these handy correlation documents to see how the themes in True Stories and Future align.
Work & Life Skills and Test Prep
Powered by MyEnglishLab, Work & Life Skills and Test Prep is a four-level competency-based digital course that provides engaging instruction in the essential work and life competencies that adult learners need in all their roles--at work, in school, and home, and in their communities.
Each level includes interactive activities and practice tests, giving students valuable practice and motivating them to achieve their learning goals.
- CASAS-based interactive practice in listening, speaking, reading, and writing builds skills and essential competencies
- Listening and reading tests give learners valuable practice in taking standardized tests, motivating them to persist in their learning goals
- Instant feedback on incorrect answers helps students improve their skills
- Perfect component for practice in the computer lab, at home, or on the go
English for Workplace, Civics, and Academic Readiness
English for Workplace, Civics, and Academic Readiness is a combined picture dictionary and workbook that develops students’ vocabulary to meet the new integrated English literacy and civics curriculum goals of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). It contains all multilevel workplace, civics, and academic content in the Word by Word vocabulary development program, including communicative picture dictionary lessons, skill-building exercises, new standards-based activities, and a complete audio program.
This easy-to- use text for beginning through low-intermediate learners can serve as a supplement to any English series, as a stand-alone course, or as a work-text for independent study at home, in a lab setting, or in distance learning.
- Vibrant illustrations and an active conversational approach make vocabulary learning come alive.
- Standards-based activities develop essential skills for success at work, in civic life, and in continuing education, including research tasks, surveys, charts and graphs, reading comprehension, and writing.
- Multilevel activities meet the needs of beginning and high-beginning/intermediate learners.
- Critical thinking and personalization questions promote problem-solving and sharing.
- Community tasks connect the classroom to civic life.
- Teamwork activities develop students’ language abilities for working cooperatively in school and work settings.
- A comprehensive audio program and answer key allow students to use the text independently at their own pace.