Components & ISBNs
- Ten units with three main input lessons link to three Develop your listening, reading and writing skills lessons.
- An English in Action lesson in each unit covers key functional language with video clips and worksheets.
- In each main lesson the Grammar, Vocabulary and Pronunciation lead up to a speaking task based on GSE learning objectives.
- Check and reflect pages at the end of each unit help show learners how their confidence and mastery of spoken language has improved.
- A Vocabulary bank provides extension of some of the key vocabulary sets in each unit with a focus on important areas such as word-building, collocation etc.
- Key language is presented and cross-referenced to a Grammar Reference and practice bank at the back of the book.
- Audio, video, scripts, word lists available online.
The Teacher’s Book features a host of support materials to help teachers get the most out of the course:
- Teacher’s notes for every unit with warmers, fillers, alternative suggestions, advice on dealing with tricky language items, culture notes etc.
- Teaching tips on useful areas such as dealing with mixed abilities, teaching grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, using video etc.
- Grammar and vocabulary photocopiable worksheets for every unit
- Class audio and video scripts, word lists and answer keys.
- Photocopiable GSE Portfolios for learners to complete and illustrate with examples of assignments completed, test results etc.
- Assessment package featuring unit and mid/end course tests with audio scripts and answer keys.