Developed by leading authors Mario Herrera and Christopher Sol Cruz
Authors Mario Herrera and Christopher Sol Cruz have more than 30 years’ experience in ELT and bring proven expertise.
Together, they have developed top quality content for Big English 2nd Edition, designed to inspire and motivate primary students to learn English.
Enhancements to the 3 educational pillars at the core of Big English
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- New CLIL pages in the Student Book, containing up-to- date material to better engage learners by reflecting their interests.
- New Big TV as a innovative way to digitally deliver CLIL to students. It consists of 52 videos that use content from different news outlets, to match the themes of the Student Book Content Connections pages. It also features a printed video workbook and a bank of teacher notes.
In-built Assessment for Learning (AfL)
- There are opportunities to review progress at every stage with inbuilt Assessment forLearning (AfL) in the Student Book and Teacher Book.
- The assessment pack includes Cambridge Young Learner assessment type activities, plus pre-tests, practice tests, unit tests, final exams and materials for oral assessment.
21st Century Skills
- 21st Century Skills, embedded throughout the course, help students develop essential skills for life, such as Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Creativity and Digital Literacy.
- 21st Century Skills are signposted sections in the teaching notes. There is also a Think Big feature that appears 3-5 times each unit.