Components & ISBNs
The components of New Keystone provide students with instruction and practice in language skills and a focus on building academic language. These components offer a variety of opportunities for English learners to produce language and learn key vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension skills.
Student Edition with Digital Resources
- Six thematic units per level organized around a big question
- Engaging videos explore the big question and key themes in the unit
- Three [Levels A-C] or four [Level D] readings per unit from a wide range of genres include informational texts, classic and contemporary literature, and biographies.
- Critical academic vocabulary and key words taught explicitly before each reading
- Clear, step-by-step grammar presentations followed by thorough and focused practice
- Skills workshops and hands-on projects that provide students the opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of content and language skills
- Suggestions for further reading, tips for taking tests, and guidance for how to talk and write about art
- Well-organized instructional support provides a clearly defined roadmap of instruction
- Easy-to-use, step-by-step lesson planning with a clear Unit Planner at the start of every unit
- Answer keys and suggested answers for the Student Edition
- Strategies for differentiated instruction
- Readings accompanied by scaffolding, tips, study skills activities, and suggestions for how to approach the reading strategy
- Guidance on analyzing language, awareness of cognates, and EL insights