Is it for me?
Bug Club Shared has a structured, systematic approach to vocabulary progression and beautifully illustrated books which introduce children to rich and challenging words from across the curriculum.
- Inspires children to become confident speakers and fluent readers as they explore cross-curricular subjects and share stories with their class.
- Excitement around reading for pleasure - Beautifully illustrated, engaging texts combined with classroom interaction and discussion to make reading aloud meaningful.
- Closing the word gap – Proven methods of spaced learning, repetition and formative assessment are used to ensure children have the vocabulary they need to succeed across the curriculum.
- Reducing teacher workload - Ready-made adaptable lesson plans help teachers save time planning and organising their shared reading sessions.
- Cross-curricular links - The range of vocabulary covered enables teachers to make the best use of teaching time through cross-curricular links with other subjects.
- Developed by experts - in collaboration with curriculum expert Mary Myatt and the Knowledge Schools Trust, to ensure the effective delivery and retention of knowledge.
School based in the United Kingdom? Please click here to view the UK edition of Bug Club