Is it for me?
We believe you know what your students need to master the UK maths curriculum better than anyone else - that’s why we have created Abacus - the complete maths toolkit which gives you freedom when you want it and structure when you need it.
- An online world for children filled with lively and exciting maths games and rewards that your digital-savvy kids will love.
- Textbooks and workbooks for independent practice, designed to capture children’s interest and inspire a genuine love of maths.
- Progress and Assess tests (incl. end-of-year tests), and clever assessment tools to track children’s attainment and their progress towards Age Related Expectations.
- Mastery checkpoint workbooks that support the online mastery checkpoints activities and include space for children to make notes, write their answers and show their workings.
- Professional Development videos to nurture your confidence in teaching for mastery.
How does Abacus help you ensure mastery of skills?
In this video, Author Ruth Merttens talks about the five things that enable us to get children to develop mastery. Abacus is a unique maths toolkit written for the new primary maths curriculum by an expert author team, that's been carefully crafted on a robust approach to creating inspired and confident mathematicians.
How does Abacus work
Three key principles underpinning Abacus
- Understanding - that children need a robust understanding and secure foundation in maths to develop:
- conceptual understanding
- numerical fluency
- problem-solving skills and
- mathematical confidence.
- Progression - to ensure every child can move on, Abacus is built on a series of detailed progression ladders. These form the backbone to Abacus.
- Control - We never forget that teachers are the experts when it comes to knowing their class. So we've built Abacus to give you flexibility - offering structure when you want it, and freedom when you choose it.
School based in the United Kingdom? Please click here to view the UK edition of Abacus