Focus is a clearly structured English Teaching course that tackles everyday topics and introduces students to language that is relevant to their lives.
The most distinctive feature of the course is its unique approach to vocabulary-learning. There is an extensive vocabulary list and students are encouraged to reflect on the new words. Focus brings grammar and vocabulary to life, showing students how they can use language straight away to communicate in a meaningful way. This helps them to improve their skills (reading, writing, use of English, listening and speaking) and their knowledge of English.
New in Focus 2nd
For the new edition we have listened to our users and to general feedback on English courses. We have updated all the materials they find importatn and we have added materials to improve learning results.
- authentic videomaterial from the BBC
- updated content for reading and vocabulary lessons
- more Use of English content to focus on skills
- more speaking exercises
- more listening exercises
Features of Focus:
- Is an ambitious and intense course
- Prepares students for higher education
- Develops communication skills from the very start
- Has an excellent and unique approach to enlarging vocabulary
- Contains a wide range of exercises
- Includes grammar videos