The five books in the Password series help students advance their reading skills and build a vocabulary of 2,000 high-frequency words and phrases. Research shows that at this point, most students can begin to read unadapted texts.
Now in a third edition with a fresh four-color design, Password’s theme-based units include an updated mix of nonfiction readings and skill-development activities for reading, writing, and critical thinking. The series continues to feature vocabulary work that helps students understand, remember, and use the target words and phrases to build a solid foundation for both academic and career success.
- Engaging new readings require and reward close reading.
- Expanded array of exercises to enhance skills and help students better understand vocabulary and topics.
- New critical thinking questions in each chapter add depth to discussions and provide students with valuable cognitive skills.
- New Learning Outcomes let students know the goals of each chapter and what their learning experience will be.
- New Essential Online Resources contain audio recordings of each reading, bonus activities for extra practice in timed reading and study skills, and the Teachers Manual with unit tests, expansive answer keys, and prompts for quick oral vocabulary reviews.