English Firsthand is one of the world's best-selling oral communication courses and has been supporting ELT teachers and students for over 25 years.
The approach of the course is that students learn English by using English and, with support, they can communicate in English right from the very start.
English Firsthand is designed to build learner success and confidence by providing ample interactive and personalized tasks that help each student feel that English is his or her own language – a language to use for personal expression.
Hands-on Active Learning
English Firsthand meets the following needs to help students to be able to communicate in English right from the very start:
- realistic language models
- personalized and motivating tasks
- language support (vocabulary, grammar, and functional phrases)
- opportunities to communicate their own information, opinions and ideas
Exciting new elements for the fifth edition
- exciting new design and updated content
- mobile-based activities “MyMobileWorld” (LMS)
- new videos
- Assessment for Learning
- intensive test package
- mapped with the Global Scale of English (GSE)
Wealth of free resources
The new edition of English Firsthand features a number of resources for both teachers and students.