Now I Know!
English type: International English (a mix of British and American)
Ages: 6-12 years
Hours: 9+ per week
Authors: Annie Altamirano, Fiona Beddall, Annette Flavel, Tessa Lochowski, Jeanne Perrett, Mark Roulston, Mary Roulston
Children love asking questions.
Is it for me?
Now I Know! builds on children’s natural curiosity, in an exciting learning environment centred around big questions. Each new challenge takes learners through a staged process of inquiry, supported by varied real-world content from BBC video.
New language, new knowledge and new skills are learnt through exciting real-world tasks bringing measurable results at every stage.
What makes Now I Know! special?
- Authentic BBC video (using CBBC clips) are in openers and throughout every unit. Each level contains around 48 video clips (four per unit).
- Big Questions provided as unit titles give meaningful context for conversation and language tasks.
- 21st Century Skills embedded throughout the course help students develop essential skills for life and support classroom management.
- Mapped to the Global Scale of English (GSE), GSE descriptors are used as objectives and for self-assessment in every unit, so it’s easy to track progress.
- Two reading texts are included per unit: one fictional (presenting values) and one factual (helping students learn about the world).
- Speaking strategies from Level 1 help students develop all aspects of communication from the earliest stages of learning English.
- Now I Know! page provides tasks to consolidate information gathered on the Big Question as well review language objectives.
- Exam practice provided for PTE YL, CYL, Key and Preliminary exams and can also be used with Benchmark English.