The Students’ Book contains 10 units that build and consolidate students’ knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, functional language and systematic development of the 4 language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Language Revision helps students monitor their own progress through self-assessment while Skills Revision gives students practice question types from the Trinity, KET and PET exams.
The Workbook follows the Students’ Book structure:
- Exercises are at two levels of difficulty to cater for Mixed Ability Classes.
- Each input lesson ends with a Grammar Summary, with examples and simple rules. Language Round-Ups give extra practice and provide Self-check score boxes and an Audio answer key so students can check their knowledge.
- Skills Practice Pages focus on reading, writing and listening.
- Background notes
- Students' Book pages
- Scripts for Class and Workbook audio
- Answer key for exercises
The Class audio CDs contain all the recorded material from the Students’ Book.
The Teacher’s Resource Materials in pdf format include teaching notes, answer keys, audio scripts and background notes as well as extra activities and an assessment package.
Optional extra activities help you tailor the course materials to the needs of your individual classes and students:
- Look Forward exercises at start of unit prepare students for the unit topic
- Extra practice
- Motivator worksheets
- Summative Round-up worksheets
- A diagnostic test for the start of the course to assess the level of students.
- Individual unit tests focusing on grammar, vocabulary and functions.
Two skills tests every two units.
- Summative tests every two units to assess students’ knowledge at key points.
- End-of-year tests to assess students’ knowledge.
- A and B versions of all tests.
- Zoom in and out of the page, conjure up audio scripts and answers at the touch of a button, highlight words and phrases.
- Capture your students’ imagination with animations, video clips, vlogs and games.
- The eText also contains teaching notes, motivator worksheets, tests, word lists and phonetics charts.
The Students' eText is designed for individual use on a tablet or PC. With all the interactivity of the Teacher’s eTexts – but not the answers (or teacher-specific materials) the Students’ eText can be used instead of a print version of the Students’ book.
Access MyEnglishLab via the Pearson English Portal. MyEnglishLab offers additional benefits such as automated marking and extra support for students, online hints, tips and feedback, helping you to access learning anytime, anywhere.
- An interactive version of the entire Workbook.
- Extra skills practice.
- Video blogs with follow-up activities to consolidate learning.
- Additional Five Days drama video activities for more exposure to the authentic use of English.
- Pronunciation activities with record and playback.
- Useful tips for activities and instant feedback to tests to explain why an answer is right or wrong.
- See how your students are progressing at a glance with the Gradebook.
- Understand your students’ common errors and see who’s making them with the Common Error Report.
- Assign tasks to a whole class, groups of students or individual students.
- Send feedback to your students.