Year Levels 7–10
Curriculum ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
Resource Formats Print, Digital
Learning Focus History
What it is
Pearson History 7–10 satisfies the requirements of the Australian curriculum and combines:
- student books featuring unique fieldwork tasks across stages and year levels
- write-in activity books catering for a variety of learning styles
- teacher companions including teaching tips and learning strategies.
What it includes
Discover how Pearson History improves teaching outcomes.
Pearson History Student Books include:
- content aligned with the Australian Curriculum
- chapters clearly organised into Overview and Depth Study History Curriculum areas
- inquiry-based questions built around Bloom’s revised taxonomy
- a carefully selected blend of text and source material for ultimate accessibility and engagement for all types of learners.
The digital version of the student book:
- comes with a range of supporting material and media activities
- is built to work online and offline to ensure content is available anytime, anywhere
- works on PC and Mac, Android, and iOS
- helps learners quickly navigate, read text, take notes, and save bookmarks
- uses Reader+ to integrate multimedia and interactive activities that enhance and extend the reading experience.
Student Activity Books
Pearson History Activity Books consolidate students’ historical knowledge and understanding. The included activities can be set for homework, or for ‘fast finishers’ in the classroom that may need some extension exercises.
The activity book provides a range of activities, including:
- mapwork, which builds understanding of geography in the context of history
- timelines, which develop understanding of chronology
- evidence-based activities and questions
- literacy-based activities and questions.
The Teacher Companion simplifies lesson preparation and implementation. It also helps you meet the demands of the Australian History Curriculum with full student book pages combined with a wealth of teacher support that address:
- key inquiry questions
- history strands
- general capabilities
- cross-curricula priorities.
The teacher companion includes:
- chapter summary, key chapter concepts and new terms included in chapters
- chapter pre-preparation guides
- teaching and learning strategy ideas
- advice on when to link class work to the Pearson Reader, activity book and web destinations
- class activity ideas, extension activities
- answers to all student book and activity book questions.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander content
Parson collaborated with the National Museum of Australia's expert affiliates to uniquely address the Australian Curriculum cross-curriculum perspective 'Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander History'. They are:
- David Arnold - Education Manager, National Museum of Australia
- Trish Albert - (former) Senior Indigenous Officer, National Museum of Australia
- Lyn Beasley - (former) Manager - School Visits, National Museum of Australia
During the development of our Authentic Polynesian Content, we also worked with Rawiri Taonui, Professor of Indigenous Studies, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand.
Samples & downloads
- Pearson History, Year 7 - 1E Student Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 7 - 1E Activity Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 7 - 1E Teacher Companion - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 8 - 1E Student Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 8 - 1E Activity Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 8 - 1E Teacher Companion - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 9 - 1E Student Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 9 - 1E Activity Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 9 - 1E Teacher Companion - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 10 - 1E Student Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 10 - 1E Activity Book - sample pages
- Pearson History, Year 10 - 1E Teacher Companion - sample pages