Our sustainability plan
Following a thorough process to review and define sustainability at Pearson, we launched our new sustainability plan.
This ‘2020 sustainability plan’ challenges us to maximize our contribution to the delivery of quality education for all and the creation of a better, more sustainable world.
Our 2020 plan is built around three core pillars:
These three strategic pillars are intended to inform and integrate all of our business activities. We will continue to build and implement the strategy for delivering on these pillars, which will help us embed sustainability throughout our business, and guide us as we move to a more rigorous and transparent approach to reporting.
Be a trusted partner
- Operate responsibly, ethically, and transparently
- Treat learners, customers, and partners with integrity and honesty
- Respect and progress our employees
- Contribute to our communities
- Consult our stakeholders
- Progressively improve environmental stewardship
Reach more learners
- Innovate to improve access to quality education
- Enhance affordability and accessibility of our offerings
- Collaborate to improve access to quality education
Learn more about Reach more learners
Shape the future of education
- Measurably improve learning outcomes
- Foster 21st century skills and competencies
- Contribute to research and knowledge
- Engage with others to promote quality education
Learn more about Shape the future of education