The complete, up-to-date ATM guide for every network planner, designer, implementer, and manager.
- ATM network planning, design, testing, deployment, troubleshooting, and security
- New standards, including Loop Emulation Service over AAL-2 and frame-based ATM
- Test and selection criteria for ATM network components and cable infrastructure
- ATM network operation, including traffic control, performance parameters, and testing
- Detailed coverage of ATM security standards and techniques
Despite the arrival of Packet over SONET/SDH, one technology is at the heart of today's most important broadband and wireless networks: ATM. ATM Networks combines a complete and authoritative description of ATM standards with practical solutions for the key challenges facing ATM network implementers and managers. Clear, concise, and fully up to date, it covers every element and variant of current ATM networks, offering specific best practices for design, testing, deployment, troubleshooting, and security. Coverage includes:
- How ATM evolved to become the world's universal platform for networked communications
- Up-to-the-minute standards coverage, including ATM over Plastic Optical Fiber, Loop Emulation Service over AAL-2, frame-based ATM, and secure ATM
- ATM network planning, design, and migration techniques
- Test and selection criteria for ATM network components
- In-depth coverage of security and cable infrastructure issues
- ATM network operation: traffic control mechanisms, performance parameters, and test methods
Key information is included for network designers, implementers, and managers, including ATM UNI and NNI signaling protocol messages and information elements, parameters and limitations for high speed cabling systems, and ATM Forum contact information.
Table of contents
I. ATM: AN INTRODUCTION.
II. ATM: TECHNOLOGY AND STANDARDS.
III. ATM NETWORKS: DESIGN AND PLANNING.
IV. ATM NETWORKS: ANALYSIS AND OPERATION.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (May 16th 2002) - Copyright © 2002