Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, 13th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For one-semester courses in General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
A practical look at chemistry that connects to students’ everyday lives
Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry is the ideal resource for today’s allied health and nursing students. Assuming no prior knowledge of chemistry, author Karen Timberlake makes the topic exciting to students by showing them why important concepts are relevant to their lives and future careers through activities and applications. The text also fosters development of problem-solving skills while helping students visualize and understand concepts through figures, sample problems, and concept maps.
Personalize learning with Mastering Chemistry
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. Mastering Chemistry provides an extension of learning, allowing students a platform to practice, learn, and apply knowledge outside of the classroom.
0134416791 / 9780134416793 Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry Plus Mastering Chemistry with eText -- Access Card Package, 13/e
Package consists of:
- 0134421353 / 9780134421353 Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
- 0134473124 / 9780134473123 Mastering Chemistry with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
Table of contents
1. Chemistry in Our Lives
2. Chemistry and Measurements
3. Matter and Energy
4. Atoms and Elements
5. Nuclear Chemistry
6. Ionic and Molecular Compounds
7. Chemical Quantities and Reactions
10. Acids and Bases and Equilibrium
11. Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Hydrocarbons
12. Alcohols, Thiols, Ethers, Aldehydes, and Ketones
14. Carboxylic Acids, Esters, Amines, and Amides
16. Amino Acids, Proteins, and Enzymes
17. Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis
18. Metabolic Pathways and Energy Production
Published by Pearson (January 30th 2017) - Copyright © 2018