CJ 2019, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
For introductory courses in criminal justice.
Brief. Visual. Affordable.
CJ 2019 engages students with real criminal justice issues using interactive components and eye-catching visuals. Students explore a repertoire of current events and the resulting challenges faced by practitioners in the subfields of law enforcement, correctional management and administration, and the US court system. Along the way, learners critically consider the cross-systems nature of crime, law, and justice as well as the benefits of integrative approaches to problem-solving. Building on CJ 2010, this 2019 edition adds current events, victimization theories, and significant new content representing changes to the field of criminal justice in 2017 and 2018.
CJ 2019, 1st Edition, is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Criminal Justice
2. Measuring Crime and Victimization
3. Crime: The Search for Understanding
4. Criminal Law: Crimes and the Limits of Law
5. An Overview of Law Enforcement: History, Agencies, Personnel, and Strategies
6. Oversight and Professionalism of Law Enforcement
7. The Court System
8. Courtroom Participants and the Trial
10. Jails and Prisons
11. Probation and Parole
12. Corrections in the Community
13. The Juvenile Justice System
14. Trending Topics
Published by Pearson (January 2nd 2019) - Copyright © 2020