Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools, 10th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Pearson eText Economics: Principles, Applications and Tools -- Instant Access
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
MyLab Economics with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools
- Instant Access
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools [RENTAL EDITION]
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in the principles of economics.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
Introduces students to the basic concepts of economics with engaging stories and timely applications
Students enter their first economics course hoping to gain a better understanding of the world around them, but often leave with their questions unanswered. Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools is built upon the authors’ philosophy of using basic concepts of economics to explain a wide variety of relevant, current, and engaging economic applications. The 10th Edition incorporates the latest economic developments and timely applications throughout, such as the impact of Bitcoin on monetary policy and the opportunity cost of hosting an AirBnB. By making every chapter accessible and applied, students develop an understanding of core principles that they will use as citizens and consumers, now and in their careers.
Personalize learning with MyLab Economics
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Table of contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION AND KEY PRINCIPLES
1. Introduction: What Is Economics?
2. The Key Principles of Economics
3. Exchange and Markets
4. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
PART 2: THE BASIC CONCEPTS IN MACROECONOMICS
5. Measuring a Nation’s Production and Income
6. Unemployment and Inflation
PART 3: THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN
7. The Economy at Full Employment
8. Why Do Economies Grow?
PART 4: ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS AND FISCAL POLICY
9. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
10. Fiscal Policy
11. The Income-Expenditure Model
12. Investment and Financial Markets
PART 5: MONEY, BANKING, AND MONETARY POLICY
13. Money and the Banking System
14. The Federal Reserve and Monetary Policy
PART 6: INFLATION, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND ECONOMIC POLICY
15. Modern Macroeconomics: From the Short Run to the Long Run
16. The Dynamics of Inflation and Unemployment
17. Macroeconomic Policy Debates
PART 7: THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY
18. International Trade and Public Policy
19. The World of International Finance
PART 8: A CLOSER LOOK AT DEMAND AND SUPPLY
20. Elasticity: A Measure of Responsiveness
21. Market Efficiency and Government Intervention
22. Consumer Choice: Utility Theory and Insights from Behavioral Economics
PART 9: MARKET STRUCTURES AND PRICING
23. Production Technology and Cost
24. Perfect Competition
25. Monopoly and Price Discrimination
26. Market Entry and Monopolistic Competition
27. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior
28. Controlling Market Power: Antitrust and Regulation
PART 10: EXTERNALITIES AND INFORMATION
29. Imperfect Information: Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard
30. Public Goods and Public Choice
31. External Costs and Environmental Policy
PART 11: THE LABOR MARKET AND INCOME DISTRIBUTION
32. The Labor Market and the Distribution of Income
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (July 18th 2019) - Copyright © 2020