Information you can put straight to work!
ASICs (Application-Specific Integrated Circuits) and SOCs (Systems On a Chip) are among the hottest topics in semiconductor chip design today. If you're a front-end or back-end chip designer looking to learn the latest techniques and methodologies, this book is for you.
From ASICs to SOCs: A Practical Approach explains ASIC and SOC design and verification for the real world-by covering the same issues and dilemmas you'll face on the job! An emphasis on techniques and principles over the particulars of design tools gives you a deeper understanding of the material and will make you much more effective in your work, regardless which tools you use. Topics include:
- Methodologies and design flows for front-end and back-end designs
- Tips and guidelines for front-end and back-end designs
- Modern physical design techniques
- Integration of IPs on SOC designs
- Low-power design techniques and methodologies
- VOIP (Voice over IP) and STB (Set-Top Box) SOC design examples
With content centering on practical and current information and techniques, From ASICs to SOCs: A Practical Approach is intended for self-study by practical ASIC and SOC engineers. It also makes an excellent reference book for graduate students in electrical engineering.
Table of contents
List of Abbreviations.
2. Overview of ASICs.
3. SOC Design and Verification.
4. Physical Design.
5. Low-Power Design.
A. Low-Power Design Tools.
B. Open Core Protocol (OCP).
C. Phase-Locked Loops (PLLs).
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material