- Clear, precise techniques guide students step-by-step through each examination procedure.
- Fundamental concepts of holistic nursing care presented in Unit I.
- Self-care and wellness activities, family, culture, and environmental considerations, and psychosocial health issues are integrated throughout the physical assessment chapters.
- Identifiable ALERT! boxes are integrated throughout the physical assessment sections, identifying key precautions.
- Focused Interview Questions show students which questions to ask and include the rationale for why they need to be asked.
- Strong lifespan coverage within each health assessment chapter summarizes common health risks for each age group.
- Diagnostic Reasoning in Action boxes promote critical thinking and show students how to cluster assessment data in order to formulate nursing diagnoses.
- Concrete Health Promotion Strategies presents guidelines for client teaching and care.
- Focused Interview Questions in the assessment chapters give a detailed list of questions to ask and rationale for asking.
- Full-color art program includes numerous color illustrations throughout the text, providing powerful visual reinforcement of the content.
- Assessment in Action appendix offers techniques for dealing with situations requiring special skill and sensitivity, such as substance abuse, domestic violence, elder abuse, and child abuse. Strategies for interviewing special clients, such as the homeless, are also discussed.
Table of contents
I. THE FOUNDATION OF HEALTH ASSESSMENT IN NURSING.
1. Introduction to Health Assessment.
2. The Interview and Health History.
3. Assessing Growth and Development.
4. Assessing Psychosocial Health.
5. Assessing Self-Care and Wellness Activities.
6. Assessing the Family, Culture, and Environment.
II. PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT.
7. Techniques of Physical Assessment and the General Survey.
8. Assessing the Integumentary System.
9. Assessing the Head and Neck.
10. Assessing the Respiratory System.
11. Assessing the Cardiovascular System.
12. Assessing the Breasts and Axillae.
13. Assessing the Abdomen.
14. Assessing the Urinary System.
15. Assessing the Reproductive System.
16. Assessing the Peripheral Vascular System.
17. Assessing the Musculoskeletal System.
18. Assessing the Neurological System.
III. INTEGRATED HEALTH ASSESSMENTS.
19. Assessing Infants, Children, and Adolescents.
20. Assessing the Childbearing Client.
21. Assessing the Older Adult.
22. Physical Assessment.
APPENDIX: INTERVIEWING STRATEGIES FOR SPECIAL SITUATIONS.
A. Assessing for Domestic Violence.
B. Assessing for Substance Abuse.
C. Assessing for Child Abuse.
D. Assessing for Elder Abuse.
E. Interviewing the Homeless Client.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material