Health Assessment in Nursing, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
- Clear, precise techniques guide students step-by-step through each examination procedure.
- Fundamental concepts of holistic nursing care presented in Unit I.
- Self-care and wellness activities, family, culture, and environmental considerations, and psychosocial health issues are integrated throughout the physical assessment chapters.
- Identifiable ALERT! boxes are integrated throughout the physical assessment sections, identifying key precautions.
- Focused Interview Questions show students which questions to ask and include the rationale for why they need to be asked.
- Strong lifespan coverage within each health assessment chapter summarizes common health risks for each age group.
- Diagnostic Reasoning in Action boxes promote critical thinking and show students how to cluster assessment data in order to formulate nursing diagnoses.
- Concrete Health Promotion Strategies presents guidelines for client teaching and care.
- Focused Interview Questions in the assessment chapters give a detailed list of questions to ask and rationale for asking.
- Full-color art program includes numerous color illustrations throughout the text, providing powerful visual reinforcement of the content.
- Assessment in Action appendix offers techniques for dealing with situations requiring special skill and sensitivity, such as substance abuse, domestic violence, elder abuse, and child abuse. Strategies for interviewing special clients, such as the homeless, are also discussed.
Table of contents
I. THE FOUNDATION OF HEALTH ASSESSMENT IN NURSING.
II. PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT.
III. INTEGRATED HEALTH ASSESSMENTS.
APPENDIX: INTERVIEWING STRATEGIES FOR SPECIAL SITUATIONS.
Published by Pearson (December 31st 1994) - Copyright © 1995