Human Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory Manual: Main Version with PhysioEx 2.0 Package, 5th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
- NEW - <F75BS>NEW! PhysioEx™ Version 2.0 CD-ROM, packaged free with each new copy of the Laboratory Manual, presents seven interactive, simulation-based experiments. The CD-ROM provides easy navigation, and encourages students to repeat experiments and change parameters to produce multiple outcomes. Corresponding printed exercises are included in each lab manual. Pg. 761<196>Main; Pg. 814<196>Cat; Pg. 813<196>Pig
- NEW - <F75BS>NEW! Art and photomicrographs help students visualize anatomical and physiological concepts. Pg. 292
- NEW - <F75BS>NEW! Dissection icons clearly indicate the beginning and end of a dissection activity. Pg. 244
- NEW - <F75BS>NEW! Homeostasis icons highlight clinical materials that reinforce the concept of disease as loss of homeostatic balance. Pg. 225
- NEW - <F75BS>NEW! Safety icons alert students to the need for protective precautions. Pg. 185
- NEW - <F75BS>NEW! An adam.com® (formerly A.D.A.M.® software) Interactive Anatomy(AIA) appendix correlates selected anatomical lab observations with corresponding sections in AIA. In addition, adam.com® icons highlight where material covered in a lab exercise is also found in adam.com®Interactive Anatomy. Pg. 736<196>Main; Pg. 790<196>Cat and Pig
- The author's clear instructions and well-planned labs leave instructors free to focus on concepts and science. Pg. 228
- The comprehensive selection of experiments for hands-on work offers instructors choices and clearly guides students through each exercise. Pg. 339
- Clear, engaging exercises with strong visual appeal help students apply concepts as they touch, cut, examine, measure, and reason. Pg. 82
Table of contents
Preface to the Instructor.
Preface to the Student.
Getting Started—What to Expect, The Scientific Method, Scientific Notation, and Metrics.
1. The Language of Anatomy.2. Organ Systems Overview.
3. The Microscope.
4. The Cell—Anatomy and Division.5A. The Cell—Transport Mechanisms and Cell Permeability: Wet Lab.5B. The Cell—Transport Mechanisms and Cell Permeability: Computer Simulation.
6. Classification of Tissues.
7. The Integumentary System.8. Classification of Body Membranes.
9. Overview of the Skeleton: Classification and Structure of Bones and Cartilages.10. The Axial Skeleton.11. The Appendicular Skeleton.12. The Fetal Skeleton.13. Articulations and Body Movements.
14. Microscopic Anatomy, Organization, and Classification of Skeletal Muscles.15. Gross Anatomy of the Muscular System.16A. Skeletal Muscle Physiology—Frog Experimentation: Wet Lab.16B. Skeletal Muscle Physiology: Computer Simulation.
17. Histology of Nervous Tissue.18. Neurophysiology of Nerve Impulses.19. Gross Anatomy of the Brain and Cranial Nerves.20. Electroencephalography.21. Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and the Autonomic Nervous System.22. Human Reflex Physiology.23. General Sensation.24. Special Senses: Vision.25. Special Senses: Hearing and Equilibrium.26. Special Senses: Olfaction and Taste.
27. Anatomy and Basic Function of the Endocrine Glands.28. Experiments on Hormonal Action.
29. Blood.30. Anatomy of the Heart.31. Conduction System of the Heart and Electrocardiography.32. Anatomy of Blood Vessels.33. Cardiovascular Dynamics: Computer Simulation.34. Human Cardiovascular Physiology—Blood Pressure and Pulse Determinations.35A. Frog Cardiovascular Physiology: Wet Lab.35B. Frog Cardiovascular Physiology: Computer Simulation.36. The Lymphatic System and Immune Response.
37. Anatomy of the Respiratory System.38. Respiratory System Physiology.
39. Anatomy of the Digestive System.40A. Chemical and Physical Processes of Digestion: Wet Lab.40B. Chemical and Physical Processes of Digestion: Computer Simulation.
41. Anatomy of the Urinary System.42. Urinalysis.
43. Anatomy of the Reproductive System.44. Physiology of Reproduction; Gametogenesis and the Female Cycles.45. Survey of Embryonic Development.46. Principles of Heredity.
47. Surface Anatomy Roundup.Histology Atlas.Human Anatomy Atlas.Review Sheets.
II. DISSECTION EXERCISES (PIG VERSIONS ONLY).
III. PHYSIOEX VERSION 2.0 ADDITIONAL MATERIAL.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Benjamin Cummings (July 1st 1999) - Copyright © 2000