You'll get a bound printed text.
Human Communication on the Internet explores how the Internet influences us to function, think, communicate, learn, change, and evolve. Covering the basic functions of the Internet, communication modes and contexts, and implications, Human Communication on the Internet offers a well-rounded look at the field of computer-mediated communication and its impact and influence on our lives.
- Offers a Blackboard cartridge to accompany the text, offering instructors course management tools and an online forum for teaching this course as well as relevant and current scholarship and examples.
- Suggests ways for students to apply what they're learning on the Internet alone and in online discussion groups.
- Explains how the Internet can polarize people by causing a digital divide, dissonance, and violence, opening students' eyes to part of the dark side of this technology.
- Provides definitions of key concepts to help students understand and review the material.
- Includes an appendix that helps students learn how to do effective research on the Internet.
Table of contents
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material