Emphasize the importance of relating to others
REVEL™ for Interpersonal Communication: Relating to Others provides a clear overview of interpersonal communication theory and principles balanced with practical suggestions on how students can apply these principles to become better communicators. Using a student-friendly approach, authors Steven Beebe, Susan Beebe, and Mark Redmond help students see the importance of becoming other-oriented: a mindful process of considering the thoughts, needs, feelings, and values of others, rather than focusing exclusively on oneself. Thoroughly updated to reflect the latest developments in the field, REVEL for the Eighth Edition explores the ever-increasing role of technology in interpersonal communication, including the latest research findings about how our electronic connections affect our face-to-face interactions.
REVEL is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, REVEL is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: REVEL is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone REVEL access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use REVEL.
Table of contents
PART I – INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION FOUNDATION
1. Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
2. Interpersonal Communication and Self
3. Interpersonal Communication and Perception
4. Interpersonal Communication and Diversity: Adapting to Others
PART II – INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
5. Listening and Responding Skills
6. Verbal Communication Skills
7. Nonverbal Communication Skills
8. Conflict Management Skills
PART III – INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION IN RELATIONSHIPS
9. Understanding Interpersonal Relationships
10. Managing Relationship Challenges
11. Interpersonal Relationships: Friendship and Romance12. Interpersonal Relationships: Family and Workplace
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material